Home Insurance

Home/Office Insurance is a type of property insurance that covers a private/commercial residence. It is an insurance policy that combines various personal insurance protections, which can include losses occurring to one's home and offices, its contents or loss of other possessions of the owner.

-Additionally, it also provides financial protection against disasters. A standard insurance policy insures the home/office itself along with the things kept inside.

  • Storm or flood
  • Fire
  • Lightning or explosion
  • Falling trees or branches
  • Breakage of glass or sanitary fittings
  • Damage from escaped water or oil
  • Shock caused to the house by animals, vehicles or aircraft
Common exclusions

As with most insurance policies, there are always exclusions. The most common are:

  • General wear-and-tear maintenance
  • Faulty workmanship
  • Mechanical or electrical breakdown
  • Any amount over the limits shown on the policy schedule or in the policy
  • Restricted cover when the home is empty or is let to tenants